Tourism is the activity of traveling and staying in places outside of one’s normal environment. The purpose of their travel may be for business, leisure, sports, adventure, or personal reasons. Travel for employment purposes is not termed as tourism.
Travel is the movement of people outside their normal environment for personal or business purposes. These people are also called visitors. Generally, a visitor is classified as a (same day) traveler if their trip does not include an overnight stay and a tourist if it includes an overnight stay. Traveling is one of the most effective ways to explore a place, culture, or destination.
Types of Tourism:
There are basically three types of tourism; Domestic, Inbound, and Outbound Tourism.
- Domestic Tourism: Domestic tourism includes the activities of traveling and staying in places within their country of residence, but outside their usual environment.
- Inbound Tourism: Inbound tourism is the visit of a country by visitors who are not residents of that country.
- Outbound Tourism: Outbound tourism includes the activities to travel and staying outside their country of residence and outside their normal environment.
Components of Tourism:
Tourism has many tangible and intangible components. Without these components, the tourism industry will struggle to function. The main components of Tourism are; Attraction, Accessibility, Accommodation, and Amenities.
- Attraction: In the travel and tourism sector, attractions are an important part because it brings tourists from all over the world. Attraction is a place of interest visited by tourists, usually for its inherent or demonstrated natural or cultural value, historical significance, and natural or built beauty.
- Accessibility: Accessible enables all people to participate in and enjoy the tourism experience. It is the possibility of receiving tourism services. The three dimensions of accessibility are physical accessibility, sensory accessibility, and communicative accessibility.
- Accommodation: It is another most important component of Travel and Tourism. The accommodation provides the base, from where tourists can engage in any activity at the destination, therefore, the trip will be incomplete without accommodation.
- Amenities: Amenities are services and facilities added with attractions, accommodation, and accessibility to create tourism. It is the soul of tourism that gives life to tourism. Without facilities, the destination would be the location, the accommodation would be the local hotel, and the transport would be the local transport.
Our Facebook Page: Tripset Tours