Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal, where more than 1,471,867 people live. A rapidly increasing population has become a big obstacle for garbage management in Kathmandu valley. This city is also quietly known as the most polluted city all over Nepal. The no. of increasing population is causing pollution in Kathmandu.
Why Kathmandu is facing difficulties in garbage management?
- Increasing population has become the main issue in garbage management.
- Dumping site is far from the valley.
- Improper disposal method.
- Carelessness in managing waste material.
- In the rainy season no secondary ideas or method is used, they just let everyone dump waste material in public places.